Taking into consideration the lack of competent skills within the plumbing industry, the Institute of Plumbing South Africa (IOPSA) has created an online portal for members to facilitate access to specific competent skills within the sector.
The purpose of this portal is to both help applicants to find jobs, and aid employers in their quest to locate ideal candidates. The IOPSA job portal offers a broad range of jobs in the plumbing field, for every sector within the industry; providing a scope for junior and senior roles and individuals with a variety of qualifications and skills.
For the employer:
- Employers on the portal can post an available job position on the job portal, providing a detailed description of the job. Employers are also given the option of finding a C.V within the C.V search, to find the right candidate for the job.
- The intuitive search function enables employers to search for candidates whose CVs have been uploaded.
For the job seeker:
- The portal allows job seekers to explore the vacancy opportunities on the portal, using keywords to match their desired title, with the option of selecting the area in which they are looking to work. Should a job on the portal matching this description be available, the applicant will be able to apply online immediately. If a job seeker is looking for a specific company to work for, the portal offers a list of selected companies that, when clicked, will show the available positions inside that company.
- Within the portal is a function to upload CVs for potential employers to peruse. The availability of a C.V on the portal will increase the chance of being contacted for a job.
The IOPSA job portal has been designed to support the industry and its members to find employment and the right employees for the positions available. It is the first specialised online job portal tool for the plumbing industry. The portal is a means to connect job seekers with potential employers.
Gary Macnamara indicated “The first plumbing industry specific job recruitment portal free to all members. An easy to use portal for both employers looking for skills and individuals looking for employment in the plumbing industry”
- If you, as an employer, would like to list your company, contact Kaela on 011 454 0025, or email her on email@example.com.