What is your #Hack4Water
Do you have a cool, innovative idea that could help South Africa with its water challenges?
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS), in partnership with the Open Government Partnership South Africa (OGPSA) invite you to submit your water hack to some of the country's water and sanitation challenges.
Your hack could be a big idea, solution, commercial product, community initiative, school project, home solution, inspiring water story, app or online tool, research paper, invention, awareness campaigns, cool water-related song or dance or something we haven’t thought of.
You have a chance to win cash prizes, funding for your project, media coverage for your winning hack, tablets and more!
How to enter
Entries to the challenge will be accepted in the following categories:
- Individuals or groups of individuals: individuals, teams, communities or NGOs with majority of members over 25 years of age
- Youth or Schools: pupils or youth under the age of 25
- Enterprise category: established small, medium and large companies
- Researcher category: individuals and research teams based at universities and research institutes
- Storytelling: Journalists and individuals reporting on water issues using data and innovative and interactive storytelling methods
Entries will be judged by a multi stakeholder panel.
To stay updated about the campaign, Like our Facebook page Hack4Water
and follow us on Twitter @hack4water
If you experience technical issues while submitting your water hack, email firstname.lastname@example.org
with 'Tech Support' in the subject line.