We take a look at the benefits members gain when they join the IOPSA institute
The Institute of Plumbing South Africa (IOPSA) is the only institute in South Africa that provides a voice for plumbers. Below is a breakdown of all the benefits members will gain when they join IOPSA.
IOPSA’s vision is Better Plumbing for All, and the institute’s mission is:
IOPSA top membership benefits
- To represent the value proposition of the plumber.
- To be the leading body for the plumbing sector.
- To advocate best practice.
- To promote sustainable business practices.
- To actively support relevant skills development through training and education.
IOPSA top members can enjoy the following benefits…
1. Plumber training: The association is a Quality Council on Trades and Occupations (QCTO) Assessment Quality Partner for solar geyser and heat pump training, and can assist with trade testing and training provider accreditation. It is also a Continual Professional Development (CPD) activity co-ordinator and development of industry training as a whole.
2. Technical support: Includes member technical advice and standards guidance.
3. Consumer recourse: Promote consumer confidence, member code of conduct and consumer recourse.
4. Business guidance: Development an empowerment through business acumen and business tools.
5. Promotion of members: Advertising and promotion of members including the value of IOPSA members bring to the industry, marketing both nationally and regionally.
National membership benefits
IOPSA is the leading body for the plumbing industry and offers quite a few national membership benefits, including:
1. Industry training and uplifting of standards;
2. Plumbing industry projects;
3. Plumbing industry special interest groups;
4. Advocating of quality products;
5. Quality brand and registered installers;
6. Insurance panel recognised;
7. National marketing and promotions;
8. Networking and events opportunities;
9. Industry representation at South Africa Bureau of Standards (SABS), insurers, local and national government, South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and global representation Joint Acceptance Scheme for Water Services Installation Components (JASWIC); and
10. Association and collaboration with the Plumbing Industry Registration Board (PIRB).
Regional membership benefits
1. Member’s online directory;
2. Vehicle decals;
3. Municipality engagement;
4. Plumber meetings and networking event opportunities;
5. Skills development and training;
6. Technical and business support; and
7. Regional consumer recourse.